an eventful year is coming to an end. In the last months of the past year, we have been able to help many people in need. We would like to express our sincere thanks to all who contributed. Without their commitment, this would not have been possible.
The following activities were possible thanks to your help:
- Jump start for newcomers
- Assistance on arrival
- City tours for newcomers in Leichlingen
- Help with the search for housing
- Support with kindergarten and school registration
- Support with the job center, immigration authorities, health insurance, schools and language courses
- Direct communication and assistance with schools, job centers, social welfare offices and immigration authorities
- Establishment of a group of volunteer interpreters and placement of interpreters with people seeking help, schools, job centers, associations and organizations
- Establish communication channels via email, Telegram, WhatsApp, Facebook and other platforms to reach affected people
- Since 06.04.2022 regular language assistance takes place in the morning (Mon. to Fri.) and in the evening (Mon. to Thu.). The language assistance takes place in cooperation with Leichlingen hilft, AWO Leichlingen and the ecumenical working group Integration.
In the coming year, we plan to further develop our offerings to provide long-term assistance to all arriving and refugee populations in Leichlingen. Since the summer, we have been working to expand our offerings to make Leichlingen a city of equality and diversity. Unfortunately, it is still difficult to find suitable premises.
Therefore, we would like to announce today that from January 18, 2023, every Wednesday at 7 p.m. will be cooking and eating together in collaboration with AWO to strengthen integration and togetherness. It is expected that from January 25, 2023, from 5 to 7 p.m., there will also be an offer for children and teenagers. We are still looking for volunteers for these activities.
Cooking and eating together are important components in every culture. Cooking and eating together creates encounters, activities, contacts and friendships that can also be useful outside of the joint activities. Everyone, with or without an immigrant background, is welcome to attend. Registration is mandatory for participation in the project “Cooking together”. Contact and registration please here.
We hope to continue helping many people in need in the new year and thank you in advance for your support.