How can I travel cheap bus and train
Since June, refugees with a Ukrainian identity document can no longer use public transport free of charge,
In June, July and August, everyone was able to buy the 9 Euro Ticket and use all buses and trains throughout Germany for 9 euros for one month.
Citizens of the Rheinisch-Bergischer Kreis (Leichlingen, Burscheid, Wermelskirchen, Odenthal, Kürten, Bergisch Gladbach, Overath, Rösrath) can get the social ticket to travel cheaper by bus and train. For this social ticket, however, a MobilPass must be applied for beforehand.
This offer is intended for:
- Recipients of ALG II and social benefits (SGB II)
- Recipients of basic benefits for old age and reduced earning capacity as well as ongoing assistance with living costs outside institutions (SGB XII)
- Recipients of standard benefits according to the Asylum Seekers’ Benefits Act (AsylbewerberleistungsGesetz)
With the MobilPass, the following tickets can be purchased at a discount, so-called social tickets:
- Monthly Ticket MobilPass: Price for Leichlingen EUR 33.50(monthly ticket subscription EUR 27.90):
- One person can drive around the clock in the selected cities/communities (Leichlingen) for one month.
- The ticket is valid for one month from any day you wish, e.g. from 11th of a month until the 10th of the next month.
- You can give the ticket to other people with MobilPass.
- You can take one authorized person over 14 years of age (with MobilPass) and up to 3 children (from 6 to 14 years of age ) free of charge from 7 p.m. Monday to Friday and all day on weekends and holidays (in each case until 3 a.m. the following day).
- You can take an additional bicycle free of charge from 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and all day on weekends and holidays (in each case until 3 a.m. the following day).
- 4-ticket MobilPass: price for Leichlingen 5,70 EUR
- for one person or several at the same time – one of the four fields must be validated per person and per trip.
Price level VRS
Price level 1a: applies to Leichlingen.
Within a city or municipality (not in Cologne or in Bonn).
Price level 2a: applies, for example, to Leichlingen and Burscheid, Leichlingen and Leverkusen, Leichlingen and Solingen, Leichlingen and Langenfeld.
between two adjacent cities/municipalities (not from/to Cologne or Bonn).
Price levels 3-7: applies e.g. to Leichlingen, Burscheid and Leverkusen. For several cities/towns – depending on distance and route.
Where can you get the MobilPass?
You can apply for the MobilPass at the office that also approves your social benefits, i.e. at the location of the Rhein-Berg Job Center responsible for you or at the social welfare office of your city or municipality.
Municipality of Leichlingen City Hall
Am Büscherhof 1 –
The discounted tickets (social tickets) can then be purchased from the bus driver, VRS service centers, ticket vending machines or ticket offices.
For the participants of our German courses in Leichlingen and are dependent on the bus, we are currently trying to find a solution.